MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I changed host but
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I wanted to change hosting so I did a complete backup of both database and files.

I want to install a fresh copy of mybb and insert databse so I installed mybb on new hosting and I just imported the database from old mybb installation but the problem is my forum is not showing anything from my old mybb installation like users,posts nothing.

What should I do ?
Did you done everything in step 2?

http://community.mybb.com/thread-27771.html
I didn't inserted old mybb files, I want a fresh copy but without losing database.

So ..
Quote:Now open /inc/config.php and change it to your new host mysql database information you just created.

Note: only change the following lines:
Code:
$config['hostname'] = ' ';
$config['username'] = ' ';
$config['password'] = ' ';
$config['database'] = ' ';
$config['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';

I am asking for that?
Yes I know,

$config['hostname'] = ' ';
$config['username'] = ' ';
$config['password'] = ' ';
$config['database'] = ' ';
$config['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';

I already set these values when I installed new copy of mybb so I don't need to edit it now right ??
Hm... Did you imported your backup to database where is located your current new fresh installed forum or to some other?
Yes,
I directly imported my old database to new host where mybb is installed.
(2013-01-26, 08:28 PM)Budhan Wrote: [ -> ]Yes,
I directly imported my old database to new host where mybb is installed.

But did you create a new mysql user and give it privileges?
Yes I did
Problem solved over Skype.

Problem: The old DB had 3 letters after the table prefix (MyBB_) when installing and the new hosts config.php file was reading the default MyBB table prefix which is mybb_ and not the one which the DB has.
Pages: 1 2