MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post icon suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if this has been suggested already or not, but I'm just going to dump this here, and run. I had to restore my forums from an old backup, and I lost a lot of my modifications to it. One of the most annoying modifications was the one to remove the post icons from the new thread and thread list views (seriously, there were..what? 20 templates to change?). It would be nice if the configuration page offered a simple enable/disable for this. It is a feature I have always found to be tacky and unnecessary.
You should have backed up your forum after installing all of those icons lol.
What a useful post you got there!

orange happens, my mistake. Regardless, it was annoying to do it the first time, and I don't think any other admin should have to deal with the lengthy steps involved to disable such a tiny little feature.
The problem with this is, MyBB would have to partner up with the developer of that plugin..
I think it's a good idea,
but I don't think MyBB will take the time and effort it takes to do it.
You got upset by Mr407, but he has a point: you should make regular backups! If your forum got hacked (heaven forbid), how many days' of activity would you lose when you restore your backup?