MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to upgrade after edits have been made?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,
So i've been running version 1607 for nearly a year or so now, and am looking to upgrade to 1609. The problem is, i've made numerous (probably hundreds) of minor changes to both templates and even some core file edits. Now stupidly, I didn't keep up to date with my changelog of all the edits I made, and now i'm scared to update and potentially overwrite something I did and lose functionality for that feature.

So my questions are, is there documentation for both 1608 and 1609 detailing exactly which templates and core files need to be installed? I downloaded the 1608 Changed Files Package from the updates blog, which says there are 4 language updates and 2 template changes, yet in that zip file there are more files than just 4 language files. So I suppose that is confusing me a little since it seems like this package wants me to replace a lot more than the blog is saying needs upgrading? I'm confused.

Another question is, what steps would you guys suggest I do to accurately upgrade with absolutely no errors in functionality that I may have added to my forums?

Thanks!
Bump!!
Bump!!
You'll have to download 1.6.8 and compare the differences between it and your forum installation. You can do this with something such as Meld Diff Viewer.