MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMTP Problems with MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone ever gotten SMTP to work with gmail or outlook? I own a dedicated server so I don't like showing everything of my site (IP and such) in the email source. I tried using gmail SMTP with an account but google blocked my account from sending/receiving emails after my server tried connecting to it. I already have the domain system set up in hotmail/live but how do I use those domains as default email server for my forum?

Basically I'm wondering if anyone can help me make it so email sources no longer shows my website's IP and information and so my emails will no longer go to spam. Smile

Thanks for the help.

PS: And I do have root access to my dedicated server if that helps.
Gmail SMTP usually works fine for me. Did you contact Google about this block?
Well, it's not as much of a block as everytime MyBB tries to connect with it (I guess it would be my server) google notices it's from a different IP and asks for a confirmation via phone. I didn't even have a phone number on that new account I tried. I enter it on my computer, with my IP and then it continues to do it when my server tries to connect. I also used to have a problem with google limiting me to how many emails I could send since my server tends to send out 10+ emails a minute with all the threads and orange.
How large is your board post/threadwise?