MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin to delete bad word.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There is many bad world in both the internet and real world. It is really hard to keep on putting bad word into Word Fitter. So is three any Plugin which will help us do this?
I really doubt it because everybody's definition of what might be "bad" is different. You would not want to trust a list of words that somebody else came up with, unless you could review the list first...

I'm not sure how many words you're trying to filter, but it's probably just worth it to add them all in by hand because once you do, they'll always be remembered. It's not like you have to keep re-adding them.

If you'd like a list of examples to enter yourself, here is a short list of words that a lot of forums would ban. (although, I would NOT recommend banning WTF, butt, or OMG; I'm not sure why they are listed)

http://www.bannedwordlist.com/lists/swearWords.txt

Just enter them yourself and your job is done.
For that u have to add one by one
I recommended U to warn user who uses bad words, So they will be afraid to use bad words.
The word filter on here is very good, and you do not have to enter every character, you can use an "*" to denote any character,this stops people even writing F@/?????

What this means is you only have to enter the "bad" word once with * to replace the variations that could take place F**k**g. You have to take a little care when doing this though; as you could ban innocent words !!

(2013-01-27, 11:56 AM)Manojworlds007 Wrote: [ -> ]For that u have to add one by one
I recommended U to warn user who uses bad words, So they will be afraid to use bad words.

That would require moderation of every post, which isn't really a practical option on a board with a large membership.