MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Am I asking this question right? Does this make sense or do I need to rephrase?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm still trying to fully wrap my mind around how to call in pieces of info that normally are displayed on OTHER pages.

For example...

Let's say I want to display the reason a user was banned, ON their profile. I've seen a variable do similar things, like something along these lines...
${mybb->something->somewhere->ban_reason?}

I would RESEMBLE that, even though it's not exactly that... Right? I'm just not sure what the exact formula is to use.

Another example... Let's say I wanted to put a users LAST visit on the postbit? There are a lot I'd like to move from one page to another so really I just wish I could understand what to look for in order to make that transition, rather than having to make a thread and ask for each and every variable. lol

If I know the variable on the original page is something like ${example_info} then what do I look at if I want to get that variable working on a page it wasn't already a part of? How do I investigate what info to put before it with arrows, or however it's done? ${what->goes->here->example_info}?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Will give reps to anyone who can help my mind finally understand how to do this so I don't have to ask for every single one. Smile There are a lot of things I want to call from other pages.