MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cookies for Registering?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
People can't registar at my forums www.wearewriters.co.uk/forums

so I take it has something to do with the cookes but what do I do exactly?
No.

Please see the following thread: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=12828
I'm sorry, I've read throught that post but I don't understand it at all, afraid I'm a noob here :$

So basically, is it something wrong with my server? I'm having problems uploading stuff onto my website anyway, should I contact my hosting provider?
Quote:Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Problem with your host, not with the script or cookies.
vinoth Wrote:
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Actually it is a MyBB bug as Chris pointed out in his post.

WeAreWriters, download this file and overwrite it on your ftp server, into your inc folder. (functions.php)
CraKteR Wrote:
vinoth Wrote:

Actually it is a MyBB bug as Chris pointed out in his post.

WeAreWriters, download this file and overwrite it on your ftp server, into your inc folder. (functions.php)

When I save it, it wants to save as a .htm file, is this okay?
So it's called functions_php.htm...
0.o
You are using IE? 0.o
When downloaded rename it to functions.php
CraKteR Wrote:0.o
You are using IE? 0.o
When downloaded rename it to functions.php

lol, well i've renamed it to'funtions.php' and it has changed to a PHP file. Is that all I have to do now?...
ooops, now I've logged onto my forums and it has opened as that file I just uploaded...
www.wearewriters.co.uk/forums
O.o
Okey have todo it the hard way then.
Unpack the zip file I have in my attachment in a folder then upload it to inc folder.
CraKteR Wrote:Okey have todo it the hard way then.
Unpack the zip file I have in my attachment in a folder then upload it to inc folder.

I quick question while I'm doing it, was I supposed to delete the orginal file I had in the inc folder?
Right I've uploaded it now and...

its working

but I still can't registar- I still get that same message
Is it possible I've messed up something with the members.php?

Because when I go to the 'contract agreement' it is all fine and that is member.php?action=register
but when I click 'I agree', it goes to /member.php , but that shouldn't be right, should it?
vinoth Wrote:

I will contact my host provider, since its still not sorted Sad

Any more ideas?...
Where can I find the list of the requirements to have a forum? i.e the server configurations required
Pages: 1 2 3