MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merging problem phpBB v3.0.11 --> MyBB v1.6.9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've got problems merging my existing phpBB v3.0.11 (no mods or plugins) with MyBB v1.6.9. The following error occurs while transfering the user accounts:

[attachment=28434]

I'm running PHP v5.4.3 with MySQL v5.5.29.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks & regards

Tom
... ok, so I obviously have to figure it out myself Confused

Problem is, that the LENGTH of some of the data columns in the new MyBB database is not big enough for some entries from the phpBB database. At first I started to manually change the standard length, but as there are so many of the table columns being too small, I had to deactivate STRICT_TRANS_TABLES. So entries that do not fit get truncated and no error is thrown.

The merging process now finishes without errors and at first glance it seems that the posts and user accounts are transferred successfully. But due to the truncated data I'm quite sure there will be some problems at some point.

Is the MyBB merge support tool not ready for phpBB v3.0.11?

Regards

Tom
I've imported two 3.0.11 databases into MyBB without any problem, I know that doesn't help you.

Have you tried running that query on your database ?
Sorry for my delayed answer ... running the query on the database produces the same error, as expected. As an example this cannot work anyhow: mybb_users.usergroup is a SMALLINT length 5 and what is being inserted during the merging process is '2,2,2' Huh Sad

My phpBB is a "grown" installation, updated from version to version since 2002. But no mods whatsoever. Maybe there are some obsolete colums/data, that confuses the merging tool?
(2013-02-11, 09:11 AM)tomerro Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for my delayed answer ... running the query on the database produces the same error, as expected. As an example this cannot work anyhow: mybb_users.usergroup is a SMALLINT length 5 and what is being inserted during the merging process is '2,2,2' Huh Sad

My phpBB is a "grown" installation, updated from version to version since 2002. But no mods whatsoever. Maybe there are some obsolete colums/data, that confuses the merging tool?

If you have no MODS whatsoever, I would suggest installing a vanilla 3.0.11, and changing config.php to point to your existing database once installed, as I said previously I had no problems converting from 3.0.11 to 1.6.9
... well, setting up a new phpBB 3.0.11 and afterwards pointing to the former database, doesn't change this database in any way. And as the merging tool works directly on the database, I don't see how this could help.

But I'll try tomorrow.

PS: jeez, I nearly set up a Vanilla Forum and was wondering why there's no version 3.0.11 Big Grin ... I have to improve my English a little bit more.
(2013-02-11, 03:30 PM)tomerro Wrote: [ -> ]... well, setting up a new phpBB 3.0.11 and afterwards pointing to the former database, doesn't change this database in any way. And as the merging tool works directly on the database, I don't see how this could help.

But I'll try tomorrow.

PS: jeez, I nearly set up a Vanilla Forum and was wondering why there's no version 3.0.11 Big Grin ... I have to improve my English a little bit more.

I'm not sure either, but the MyBB merge is designed to work with 3.0.11, so there may be code differences it doesn't recognise in previous versions which means it cannot read the data effectively in order to convert it, just guessing.

Yes phpBB use vanilla to describe a brand new install.... sorry