MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help me..... HOW DO I GET RID ON SPAMMERS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi frnds... Today i deleted my db due to lot of spammers and again install mybb but spamers not stopping they are comming...
please tell me any way to prevent from those....
Thanks
There's a list of anti-spam plugins in this thread which will help prevent spam. Smile
(2013-01-27, 07:18 PM)Vernier Wrote: [ -> ]There's a list of anti-spam plugins in this thread which will help prevent spam. Smile

Thanks Smile
A lot of spammers are bots.

With my site, I took the captcha away (because all the bots could answer it anyway lol) and I replaced it with a security question (which is a plugin) so basically YOU can make up some simple questions that most humans WOULD know the answer to, and the person signing up has to answer it correctly. Most bots cannot do this.

I don't think I've had one spam bot create an account on my site ever since I added the security questions plugin. It's a life saver. Smile

(also, don't let unregistered users post in ANY part of your forums... the bots WILL find that section and destroy it)
(2013-01-27, 07:40 PM)CheckingThis Wrote: [ -> ]A lot of spammers are bots.

With my site, I took the captcha away (because all the bots could answer it anyway lol) and I replaced it with a security question (which is a plugin) so basically YOU can make up some simple questions that most humans WOULD know the answer to, and the person signing up has to answer it correctly. Most bots cannot do this.

I don't think I've had one spam bot create an account on my site ever since I added the security questions plugin. It's a life saver. Smile

(also, don't let unregistered users post in ANY part of your forums... the bots WILL find that section and destroy it)

Right!!!
Thanks for this Tip... Smile
You can also use this with the security questions plugin: http://mods.mybb.com/view/checkbox-validation

Just enable on the register page, works great as another layer of spam protection.
(2013-01-27, 10:19 PM)Xstrike Wrote: [ -> ]You can also use this with the security questions plugin: http://mods.mybb.com/view/checkbox-validation

Just enable on the register page, works great as another layer of spam protection.

THANKS!!
i got it.. Smile