MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When i try to upgrade to 1.2.1 it says it can't find this

Quote:MySQL error: 1146
Table 'jaggil_sql.mybb_users' doesn't exist
Query: SELECT s.sid, s.ip, s.uid, s.time, s.location, u.username, u.invisible, u.usergroup, u.displaygroup FROM mybb_sessions s LEFT JOIN mybb_users u ON (s.uid=u.uid) WHERE s.time>'1161977732' ORDER BY u.username ASC, s.time DESC

^Also i have checked and its is not in phpmyadmin

so is there anyway to recover the mybb_users table i have a old back up but im not sure if the table i in there as i can't import could someone check the file too

[link removed] - You should never post a backup SQL of your forums. [edit] O OK

Thanks
Jag
Open up the .sql file in notepad or a similar text editing program. Search in that file for the table name mybb_users.

If it exists in the file it would look something like:

CREATE TABLE mybb_users { .... (lots of info after this point, but it should look like a paragraph of data at that point)

Now if you see this, copy and paste it into phpMyAdmin and manually run the query to insert it (the backup should have the query properly formatted so you can just copy and paste).

If not, then your table was not backed up and you will have a problem. Hopefully it won't come to this.
OK iv got the mybb users table in but there is now another problem i have updated but my forum keeps on crossing over (moved servers)

so i load my forum on here http://jag100.manicproject.co.uk/forum/ <--- but i can't view any threads

but then when i log in it goes to this http://jaggil.freehostia.com/forum/ <---and everything works fine here
You are still missing other tables from what I can see.

Since your new forum doesn't seem to be working here is what I would do. First install the same version of myBB that you have on the old server onto the new server.

Then import the data into the database. Then be sure to edit your settings and config files to be sure that they are updated to the settings of the new host (if you have any questions here post back).

Then upgrade your forums.

I don't know where the problem was, and it might just be as simple as the fact that the install script would have probably stopped at the first missing table so all tables after that point are just nonexistant at this point. But since your new forum is not working properly, it would be best to go through the steps again to upgrade.
SnakEyez Wrote:You are still missing other tables from what I can see.

Since your new forum doesn't seem to be working here is what I would do.  First install the same version of myBB that you have on the old server onto the new server.

Then import the data into the database.  Then be sure to edit your settings and config files to be sure that they are updated to the settings of the new host (if you have any questions here post back).

Then upgrade your forums.

I don't know where the problem was, and it might just be as simple as the fact that the install script would have probably stopped at the first missing table so all tables after that point are just nonexistant at this point.  But since your new forum is not working properly, it would be best to go through the steps again to upgrade.

ok iv done all that but im still not sure if everything is fixed? is there like a scanner which can check everything? if not could someone have a look at the forums

http://jag100.manicproject.co.uk/forum/
Seems to be working fine for me. I would recommend you play around with it some, then make your members aware of the new location.