MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email not sending
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When trying to send mail from the forum, either through mass email or a member's profile. The mail isn't getting sent.

I sent a few mass emails, yet not one has come in my inbox. I've checked my spam and junk mail too.

Cool_Guy also says it's not sending.
Cool Guy Wrote:I tried sending a test E-mail, but it didn't arive. Seems like PHP's Sendmail extention isn't working...

Help! I need to be able to email!!!!
I think he means mail function.. But anywho. [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead) Try running that test script and see what the script echo's and also check if you got the email.
Ok, ran the script this morning, got the "Mail was sent by PHP" message, yet I still have not gotten the email....
I still don't think it's workin.
And it's not in your spam folder?
Correct. I checked everywhere. No email.
Put it this way, CraKteR, did YOU get any of the mass emails I sent??
Well, since it says the email was sent, but nobody received it, it's not an issues with MyBB. Try contacting your host, they might be able to tell you what's up.
Thanks, Christian. That was it.

Freehostia does not allow free accounts to send mail. Whether from a forum or not. They said it is not allowed.

So now how am I to email all my users and tell them the new address!!!!??????
FirefoxWiz Wrote:Thanks, Christian. That was it.

Freehostia does not allow free accounts to send mail. Whether from a forum or not. They said it is not allowed.

So now how am I to email all my users and tell them the new address!!!!??????

Well if you've installed MyBB and restore all the users into that database, you can use the mass mail feature of the new copy of MyBB Rolleyes
as she said, she can't send mails on the new server.
Pages: 1 2