MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing "Important Threads" to say something else?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I looked for this and couldn't find it and didn't want to mess anything up (which I've done too many times lol).... so was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction?

I want to change where it says "Important Threads" when I make a thread sticky. I want it to say something else. Can I do that?

Thanks in advance! Big Grin
Yes, it's in the forumdisplay.lang.php ! Big Grin
That is inc/languages/english/forumdisplay.lang.php
$l['sticky_threads'] = "Important Threads";
Change the bolded part to what you wish.
* Ryan Gordon points out that you can use the language manager
could we have other sections other than"important mesages"? Like "hottest news" or "notices"?
Yes arashpour, follow the instructions outlined above.

EDIT: Erm. I miss read that.. Gez, I need another vacation! It's possible, but not really easy to do. It would require some type of code modification or plugin.
I think he means more sections then the important threads, like "sticking" hot threads aswell.
Like IPB has 'important threads' and 'sticky threads', with important threads being higher than sticky threads.
Tikitiki Wrote:Like IPB has 'important threads'

ie. announcements...
I meant what crackter said. Is it possible to have it activated?
==========
EDIT: I missed this:
Quote:EDIT: Erm. I miss read that.. Gez, I need another vacation! It's possible, but not really easy to do. It would require some type of code modification or plugin.
is there any motivation to do so? do you find it useful? I do.Toungue