MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: inc/datahandlers/users.php bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Kenny Wrote:
DennisTT Wrote:the bug has been reported already, and been fixed in SVN for the next bug-fix release.

Dennis, may I ask what SVN means? And forgive my ignorance, but what is a bug-fix release? Is that like an updated version of mybb? Or just patches or how does that work. Can we subscribe to a newsletter or something so we know when these releases become available?

Thanks,
Kenny

A SVN means Subversion. Its a Respitory used by the developers to share and manage the MyBB code. A bug fix release is an updated version of MyBB containing exploit fixes and bug fixes.
Tikitiki Wrote:
Kenny Wrote:
DennisTT Wrote:the bug has been reported already, and been fixed in SVN for the next bug-fix release.

Dennis, may I ask what SVN means? And forgive my ignorance, but what is a bug-fix release? Is that like an updated version of mybb? Or just patches or how does that work. Can we subscribe to a newsletter or something so we know when these releases become available?

Thanks,
Kenny

A SVN means Subversion. Its a Respitory used by the developers to share and manage the MyBB code. A bug fix release is an updated version of MyBB containing exploit fixes and bug fixes.

Yeah SVN isn't significant for you at this stage, but whenever we say "added to SVN" or something like that, it means it has been added (feature, bug fix, etc) into the development code for the next specified release. I said "bug fix release" which is a minor release that fixes (guess what?) bugs Smile See [Wiki: Versions] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead) for more information about the other general types of releases.
cool Cool thanks for that info guys. Can I subscribe to a mybb newsletter or anything like that? Is there one? I'd like to receive one if there is so I can keep posted on these releases. Cheers, K

Sorry, just looked on the site and there it was staring me in the face...Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2 3