MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks, i tried a couple of days ago to install a fresh forum, just like the other one i have. I did a fresh download of the software and followed the install instructions to the letter.
When i got to the install page, i could not go any further. It just wouldnt do anything, i kept trying the button to go to the license agreement, but the page just kept refreshing.

I double checked everything, made sure everything was chmod'd to the right values.
So i deleted the entire thing and tried a fresh download and uploaded everthing again, same result.
Tried it again a couple more times and still nothing.

Now i have a working forum that installed perfectly on the same server, but under a different account (i have a semi dedicated server so can host all my sites on the same server)

I just thought i would bring this to the attention of those in the know, i would guess that a lot of folk are trying to install, get nowhere so move on to different forum software without going through the hassle of getting answers here and trying to figure out why it wont go.
MyBB 1.6.8 itself was downloaded over 100,000 times and we haven't received any complains. From the sounds of it it's an issue with your environment.
Update for those interested, i managed to install a forum on my local system, then transfer everything over i updated the settings.php and config.php to the new values, everything seemed to work ok. I can log into the main forum but i cannot log into the admin CP
Same thing happens, the page just refreshes. There is something simple wrong, but i cannot suss it out. It cannot be a server setting, as the other forum is running the same version and i get no problems there. Its a file permission or something.