MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: private forum issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there Smile

So I'm trying to set up a ticketing type forum where users can submit tickets/post threads and only be able to see the threads they have started, while the groups that are meant to handle those tickets are the only ones that can see all the threads in the forum and the only ones with both post/reply rights.

Unfortunately, the hitch in this seems to be that I have a few different levels of staff, and I don't want anyone to be able to see this forum just because they have access to the admin cp. I have those groups which I don't want to be able to see anything explicitly set to no permissions whatsoever for that forum and they can still see everything.

I'm okay going digging in function files or whatever to turn this off if I can. Basically if I say I don't want a group to be able to see anything but their own threads, I want that to stick regardless of whether that group also has admin rights. Help? Smile
You can create a new forum then edit the permissions. For those who should only see their own threads then in the permissions uncheck can view threads and check view own threads only.

If you don't want all admins to view all the threads then create two admin groups. Give the second admin group permissions to only view self threads and for the first in which you'll be in, set their permission to view forum threads which means view all threads.
Right that's what I have. And the second group that I've denied rights to can still see the threads. If I remove the test account from that second admin-powered group which doesn't have viewership rights, the test account can then not see the threads that were not posted by that account.
Quote:the test account can then not see the threads that were not posted by that account.

You have a repeating word (Not), can you correct the error?
whoops sorry!

So.

I have this test account which is in one of the admin groups which i have denied permission to view any threads other than their own to.

And yet that test account can still see all the threads in that forum regardless of who posted it.
Do you have the permission "can view threads?" checked?
for those admin groups i have all of the view options unchecked so that they don't have view permissions at all.
I'm confused. If that's the case then they shouldn't even be able to view the forum.

Can you provide screenshotS?
If that doesn't work out, you can try this instead:
http://forums.mybb-plugins.com/Thread-Help-Center-1-5