MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme comments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think this theme is a gigantic improvement. And because it's such an improvement I feel like I should not nit pick at it. But I will anyway.

1. The thead horizontal bar looks bulky. It overpowers that area of the design. Its vertical height needs to be a tad less. The Post Thread button seems a tad bulky too.

2. I never understood why MyBB splits the menu as it does. Search, Member List, Calender and Help are prominent in the design, but they are no more important than finding new posts (which stands out less). And now they are separated even further with the addition of the search bar. Is this to give it a different "look" from other forums, because it does not seem like the most practical design.
I like the new theme a lot
I agree with the thead. It seems just a tad too tall, maybe 4 or 5px less would fix it... Maybe not even that much, actually.
(2013-01-31, 05:25 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with the thead. It seems just a tad too tall, maybe 4 or 5px less would fix it... Maybe not even that much, actually.

thread*
(2013-02-01, 01:44 AM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-31, 05:25 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with the thead. It seems just a tad too tall, maybe 4 or 5px less would fix it... Maybe not even that much, actually.

thread*

No, thead which is "table head". Like tborder is "table border".
I know what I'm talking about Toungue.
Please remove threads and posts columns in forum home page or merge them into the single column to make a modern look. And add a sidebar please)
(2013-02-01, 01:12 PM)Maj Wrote: [ -> ]Please remove threads and posts columns in forum home page or merge them into the single column to make a modern look. And add a sidebar please)

We won't be doing that. What you see is the new default theme. Smile
(2013-02-01, 01:12 PM)Maj Wrote: [ -> ]Please remove threads and posts columns in forum home page or merge them into the single column to make a modern look. And add a sidebar please)
That should not be done if you ask me.

As like always, MyBB should start with minimal designed default theme which acts as "base theme" for designers for ease of use and understanding and I see the new 1.8x fine with as how it is.
I want to add something. Even though I posted a couple complaints here, overall I think it's a great improvement. I think it was smart to base it on a theme that has already proven itself popular. And it still looks like MyBB, which has a more readable and accessible layout than the others. What I mean is, you don't use a font that is too small, and you don't hide controls for the sake of minimalism. But with the new theme, you also managed to remove the busy look it had before, by making buttons on the bottom of the postbit gray, and removing the strong vertical lines throughout.
Pages: 1 2 3