MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Webdesign - Looking for Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm only going to pick on your logo and typeface style, if I get some time I'll critique the body as well.

Logo:
Your logo is huge! I'd recommend scaling it down at least 30%, I also feel like the giant forward slash doesn't really serve a purpose either. Perhaps you could try making your font as such:

IslandCraft
---Your new nifty slogan here!

(Make the logo font size a bit larger than this and without the huge vertical margin between the logo text and the slogan text).

Typeface:
Using 2+ conflicting typefaces isn't very appealing in web design. Bebas and whatever font you're using for the logo clash. I'd suggest finding two typefaces that blend together well instead of having 3 fonts used at random in your web design.

Slogan:
This has nothing to do with design, but your slogan just urks me. I would be some what turned off if I were a player looking for a new server and I stumbled upon such a server with such an egotistical slogan and no statistics to back it up (ie. over 300 new players every week, top 10 in rankings at somerankingwebsite.com, etc.) it just screams amateur server administration in my opinion. It's not unique nor creative at all.

Anyhow good luck with the progression of your design, remember to keep us updated! Smile
(2013-01-31, 10:28 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm only going to pick on your logo and typeface style, if I get some time I'll critique the body as well.

Logo:
Your logo is huge! I'd recommend scaling it down at least 30%, I also feel like the giant forward slash doesn't really serve a purpose either. Perhaps you could try making your font as such:

IslandCraft
---Your new nifty slogan here!

(Make the logo font size a bit larger than this and without the huge vertical margin between the logo text and the slogan text).

Typeface:
Using 2+ conflicting typefaces isn't very appealing in web design. Bebas and whatever font you're using for the logo clash. I'd suggest finding two typefaces that blend together well instead of having 3 fonts used at random in your web design.

Slogan:
This has nothing to do with design, but your slogan just urks me. I would be some what turned off if I were a player looking for a new server and I stumbled upon such a server with such an egotistical slogan and no statistics to back it up (ie. over 300 new players every week, top 10 in rankings at somerankingwebsite.com, etc.) it just screams amateur server administration in my opinion. It's not unique nor creative at all.

Anyhow good luck with the progression of your design, remember to keep us updated! Smile

Will take all this to note, thanks JS!
Looks good, but edit the menu a bit more.
Pages: 1 2