MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installer Bug?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was installing the alpha to the Mac OS partition of my drive this time, and since I opted to change the table prefix, I believe I found a bug in some form or another.

[Image: bug.png]

Error says alphanumeric characters and underscore are allowed, which "18alpha_" is. I checked for spaces, and this doesn't occur in 1.6, because I have a wild prefix on GV.
The regex it checks for is
#^[A-Za-z][A-Za-z0-9_]*$#
I'm no regex expert but it looks like numbers need to be at the end. Know a fix?
Someone should fix that...

Not me though. If I touched the regex, the Internet would promptly implode.
This is intentional, the see comment above this line:
// Most DB engines only allow certain characters in the table name. Oracle requires an alphabetic character first.
I guess I have never run into this before. I've always subconsciously added letters first, I guess.

Thanks Stefan for the explanation. I was wondering if that was the case.
It might be good to update the language file to reflect that then.
Yeah. If nothing else, mentioning that in the error could be helpful to people.
You could use "mybb_". I use "mybb_".
I eventually just used mybb_ because it doesn't really matter to me on localhost. But I figured that out Wink...

I figured the regex was like that for a reason, so I at least wanted to report the potential confusion if the right conditions were met by somebody.