MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fix Forum !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys

i have a little problem you see people are saying that my logo comes of my forum theme when you resize the browser bigger or maximize then it goes back to normal so what i have done is made the logo smaller and then edited the header code to center it so when it gets bigger (the browser) it's ok cos there is css colour the same as the logo so the logo stays there's more colour if you get what i mean lol but when it gets too small then yeah the logo goes across the page again

AND i'm getting a new logo designed with more colour and want it to fill the space where the forum is so i wanted to know if it was possible to fix the forum where it in the center and when they make it bigger (the browser) the background just gets wider not the forum. and when it gets smaller if satys where it is it doesn't get smaller so you will end up with a bottom scroll bar

Hope you understand what i mean and hope you can help

Thanks Loads

Aaron
anybody??? i have seen other peoples forums on that that do what i want

please someone help
sorry for tripple post but users are leaving more forum cos of this problem i need help! please
We can't fix what we can't see. Your description of the problem is one long incoherent sentence.

How about you start with a link to your site?
sorry i could not understand your problem and please produce your link.
Well when you strech the browers bigger or smaller the forum gets bigger and small i want it that the forum stays where it is in the center and the backgorund just gets bigger if someone makes the browser bigger.

i dont really need to provide linke since it happens on this forum just resize the browser with your cusor and te forum gets bigger and smaller but thats what i DONT want it to do

Thanks
i think u want your board to have the width even when changed the display into either 800 or 1024 mode.

i am not sure, but in css you can change your width to 95% which would make your board fit for both views.
ok umm www.space-forum.co.uk is my forum you see the like gray brown colour at each side yeah ok if you grab the corner of your browser and move side to side to make your browser long a smaller the inner content all the forum logo ect get bigger and smaller whitch will effect the new logo i'm going to add. so i wanted it no matter how big you resize your browser or how smaller you get it it will always stay at one side and the gray brown background will be the only thing that gets widder as the browser gets widder.

Hopes thats better to understand

Sorry for trouble me not wording properly lol
Just nothing else i can think of doing to fix it Sad
Punctuation, please. You'd get better help if you used proper punctuation, you know. Bad English I can tolerate; bad (or missing) punctuation makes my eyes bleed. It was a chore just reading your posts — my eyes wanted to slide right to the end of it. =^^=

I assume what you want is to set a static width for your page container (ie. your page contents) so that your forum is not resized when the browser is resized? I think that's what you're trying to say, anyway. If that's that case, then all you'll need to do is set a defined width (in pixels) for the page container in your Admin CP. Just go to Admin CP > Themes (Modify/Delete), and edit your current theme. In the theme editor, look for the Page Container section, then just set the width to anything you like. 850px is a close approximation of your current forum's width on a 1024*768 resolution screen, I think. Adjust the width until it's to your liking, but just make sure that the width is in pixels (px) and not a percentage (%).
Hraefn Wrote:Punctuation, please. You'd get better help if you used proper punctuation, you know. Bad English I can tolerate; bad (or missing) punctuation makes my eyes bleed. It was a chore just reading your posts — my eyes wanted to slide right to the end of it. =^^=
Agreed. It's one thing if you are not good in English, but it's a completely different thing if you know the grammatical syntax of English but neglect to use them in communication. I can't help but to resort to an analogy related to coding. Think of your post as program code, and PHP or another compiler/interpreter being fed this program code. Each programming language has a set of syntax and coding styles that programmers should follow. If a programmer fails to do so, the compiler/interpreter cannot guess what you are trying to do, and prints an error. Think of the rest of us as the interpreter. If we cannot understand what you mean, how are we to help you?

I know I've gone off on a tangent, and I'm not just picking on you, but just to conclude, the effort you spend on making your requests clear and understandable will make it a lot easier for people to understand your request. I can't guarantee that a solution will be posted quicker, because if you post a clear but incredibly complex problem, people may not be able to answer it. However, your request will be comprehended, and that is one step further than people trying to guess at what you are trying to say.

Hraefn Wrote:I assume what you want is to set a static width for your page container (ie. your page contents) so that your forum is not resized when the browser is resized? I think that's what you're trying to say, anyway. If that's that case, then all you'll need to do is set a defined width (in pixels) for the page container in your Admin CP. Just go to Admin CP > Themes (Modify/Delete), and edit your current theme. In the theme editor, look for the Page Container section, then just set the width to anything you like. 850px is a close approximation of your current forum's width on a 1024*768 resolution screen, I think. Adjust the width until it's to your liking, but just make sure that the width is in pixels (px) and not a percentage (%).

That seems about right, if I've interpreted the request correctly.
OMG it was that simple all i had to do was change % to px my god i feel stupid. Sorry for all the messages i have been in a real rush to get things sorted out.

Thanks for your help.

Aaron
Pages: 1 2