MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My host is horrible, help me!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I setup my forum perfectly fine on my current host. Everything was going smooth till I got this error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1040 - Too many connections
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

I got this error from just making two posts after creating all my user forums. and now have an internal server error

I googled it and learned that the max users connection setting is set low by the host and that I will have to pay for a larger max user connection. I'm wondering why I assumed my $1 hosting plan per month from hostso would ever work for my forum. These are my requirements if anybody can help me find a good host.

My forum will have a decent amount of daily visitors. I'm assuming 150 per day just after the first month. Each user would be visiting no more than 30 pages per day, 3750 page views per day. I know how to run a successful forum as I have in the past I just never had to worry about getting my own hosting I had a guy for that. So who can point me in the right direction host wise. I prefer it to be offshore hosting that will keep my information private. I am not hosting anything illegal but because of US/UK/Canada law, not even the law just their BS need to go after innocent websites that appear to be breaking the law when their not and taking them down, I need to be protected from this. I'm not hosting warez or copyrighted material, torrends seedboxes upload sites ROM's nothing illegal i'm not going to get into what I run.

Can someone suggest a good place to start? I don't know what type of hosting to look into. Web hosting would work fine. I don't really know how to properly setup a website on a VPS although I did this with XAMPP before but that can't be professional at all. I'm trying to get my forum online in the next 4 days. Please suggest away! I don't have all the money in the world to spend though.
HawkHost.com

Great prices.
We should try to keep Hosting Discussion in one thread.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-30827.html
(2013-02-01, 05:29 PM)JovanJ. Wrote: [ -> ]We should try to keep Hosting Discussion in one thread.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-30827.html

Precisely.