MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to directly moderate replies and pending moderation notification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2013-02-08, 05:27 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I don't think there has been a plugin made for this.

Is there some code that can just be edited to accomplish it? I don't think it really needs to be a plugin. A lot of my mods are just code edits anyway and they're easy to do, but I just don't know how to write the PHP code that will do this.
is your site pretty busy? i have an Admin Notice plugin that emails a set of users on every new post. I would have to check, but it may be able to be edited to work only on unapproved posts. I'd have to look into it, but I don't have the time right now.

You can get the plugin from the site in my sig
My site constantly has visitors, so it's relatively busy. We don't get a huge number of things that need approval, but when they do happen, it's important that I personally get to them as soon as possible.

One of the reasons is that when a new user creates their "character" and posts their profile, I have it set so that particular sub forum puts all new posts on mod approval. Since this happens with the new users I'd like to make my response time even faster to keep them happy with the site, etc...

If the plugin you speak of emails me on EVERY new post in every forum, that would cause the unapproved posts to get lost in the shuffle, so it would kind of defeat the purpose and make things harder for me. I'd need it to only email me for unapproved posts that are awaiting moderation.
If you download the plugin pavemen specified and edit it with these modifications it should work.

Find at line 286:
		$query = $db->write_query("SELECT p.pid, u.uid, p.username, p.subject, p.message, u.email 
		FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."posts p 
		INNER JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."users u
		ON p.uid=u.uid 
		WHERE p.pid=".$pid);

$post = $db->fetch_array($query);
Replace with:
		$query = $db->write_query("SELECT p.pid, u.uid, p.username, p.subject, p.message, p.visible u.email 
		FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."posts p 
		INNER JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."users u
		ON p.uid=u.uid 
		WHERE p.pid=".$pid);

$post = $db->fetch_array($query);

if($post['visible'] == 1)
		{
			return false;
		}
Thanks Jordan! I will give this a try tomorrow when I get a chance and let you know if it worked. Much appreciated!
Let me know if it works or doesn't.
It would be great if instead of sending emails it could be integrated with myalerts.

thanks
Have you tried Shade's plugin alerts pack?
(2013-04-22, 08:39 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried Shade's plugin alerts pack?

Yes, they only notify common users of moderation actions, and is not focused towards the moderator:

Quote:When someone edits your posts
When someone deletes your posts
When someone deletes your threads
When someone opens your threads
When someone closes your threads
When someone moves your threads in another Forum
When someone warns you
When someone revokes you an active warning
When someone suspends/unsuspends you from posting
When someone suspends/unsuspends your signature
When someone sets/unsets your posts to be moderated
Pages: 1 2