MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to directly moderate replies and pending moderation notification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Two question in one:

1) The moderated replies are shown in redish background on the thread. Is there any way that I can moderate them straight at the thread view, instead of having to go in the mod CP?

2) Now that we are moderating all basic users, we need a way to let the moderators know they have threads/replies to moderate. Is there any way to notify the moderators even without going inside the mod CP?

thanks a lot!
1) if you have mod permissions, then use the inline mod feature. Check the box for the post and then scroll down to the inline mod options.

2) needs a plugin/edit
What do you mean moderating without going to the Mod CP, do you mean inline moderation?
[docs]Moderating_Options.html#Inline_Post_Moderation[/docs]
The post highlighted in red are only visible to moderators and admins.
Edit: Ninga'd
I was the only mod (I'm the adm) that didn't know about the in-line moderation, sorry for that Wink

@pavemen : do you know what plugin can do that?
not off hand I don't
Does anyone else knows about any plugin to notify about waiting to be moderated replies?
I actually need to accomplish this too... (notification sent to mod/admin upon new thread awaiting moderation)

Is there a simple code edit that somebody can display for us, if there's no actual plugin?
The default system shows awaiting moderation on the ModCP homepage and the awaiting moderation page.

This plugin shows to users the number of threads & posts that are unapproved, similar to what you want but displays to users and not admins/mods. https://github.com/JordanMussi/NumUnapproved/
Thank you for the reply and trying to help, but unfortunately that's not what we're asking.

I want to be emailed when there is something, so even if I am NOT logged into my boards I can still be notified that I need to come and moderate a thread. I don't want to have to just stumble upon it in the ModCP or have regular users seeing it.

You know how you can subscribe to certain areas and threads, and get an instant email when there's something new? I want THAT, but for posts awaiting moderation.
OK, I don't think there has been a plugin made for this.
Pages: 1 2