MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Great Job, a feature request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys you've done a great job with this software. I've been using vbulletin 2.x for the last two and a half years. I think vbulletin 2.x series is one of the best designed boards out there. I bought it back when there really wasn't anything close to it on the market. PHPBB was still on version 1, invision board hadn't come into existence yet and everything else was either CGI/perl or very featureless PHP scripts. At teh time if you wanted a good php board you had to buy a vB.

Had this software been aroudn back then I probably would have gone with it instead. But hey now when I start new boards I'll come to this software first. You guys seem to have taken the best aspects of the vB 2.x series and added new options and your own style to it all. Great job.

I do have a feature suggestion though.

1. How about a single forum view? Something where when someone creates only one forum the index page goes directy to that forum without viewing a list of forums. But yet still containing the Board Statistics and stuff liek that at teh bottom. Some people don't care to have more then one forum. They like to keep all the talk in one place.
I was actually considering that feature because for boards with only 1 forum it doesn't make a lot of sense to show the forum listing. I'll look in to getting it intergrated in one of the future releases, most likely as an option.

Thanks for the kind words too.

Regards,
Chris
I think one topic, or topico ...etc it kept changing lol did this.......looked good and worked well. Great for small communties. Kinda like an exagerated guest book.