MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing Internal Links
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm posting this on behalf of my friend's board: http://chroniclesofthedas.ashkir.com (which tomorrow will move to http://chroniclesofthedas.draebox.com).

We're wondering, for the links within posts and such, is there a way to update them all without doing so manually one by one?
I'm assuming you mean links that reference the old forum URL, other URL's should continue to work without issue.

If it's the old forum URL, One thing comes to mind as a quick solution to me, and that would be to use MyCode

You might need to be more specific about the URL's in question to get the right answer. If you could provide an example of a URL that you are concerned with and explain what change you are needing, we would better understand the issue better.
Thank you for your response, Royel!

I'll take a look at MyCode, thank you Smile

It's any thread within a post that leads to another area (within the skin and such it'll either be automatically inherited as a change, or is a quick second change if it's the sidebar and such).

We'll be wanting to change the parts of the url that say ashkir to draebox so the links work.
Any threads that have been posted with links that reference to the old URL will not be updated by just changing the boards domain.

You could also do this with a SQL query to update all references to that URL (permanent), or use MyCode which does not create a permanent change to the DB tables but will still accomplish what you are trying to do.

If you are comfortable with SQL commands and chose that method be sure you backup your database first.
Try using the word filter, it accepts HTML and the [url= command

The only problem is it also acts on the thread titles
(2013-02-01, 10:04 PM)Spangle Wrote: [ -> ]Try using the word filter, it accepts HTML and the [url= command

The only problem is it also acts on the thread titles

Or add ashkir to the word filter and replace it with draebox.