MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Suggestion] Auto Save
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A lot of new forum software and email clients etc auto-save as you type a new post. MyBB doesn't natively support this feature.

I was hoping this could be implemented in the future, as it is much more convenient for the user.

Sometimes users are in the middle of posting something, switch to a different tab to check something else, and end up accidentally the forums tab, losing their post completely.

^ This has personally happened to me in the past Toungue.

--

I think that the posts should be auto saved client side, so it does not waste server resources. Maybe in Browser Cache?
I only know of a few software's that good do this.

I do think that this would be a good idea though. It happens to me, more than I'd like to admit.
I'm not sure we'd make it default, but I'm sure a plugin for it would be awesome.
(2013-02-02, 12:45 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure we'd make it default, but I'm sure a plugin for it would be awesome.

Why not make it default? It would save the data client side so no server resources are wasted.

Even if it was not default, I'm sure 95% of people would enable it.
If you use Chrome, you don't need that feature. Don't know about other browsers.
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/158189

Made a userscript for HF. Uses cookies. It's like 2am here, so sorry for bad coding etc. My first script Big Grin
Thanks that worked, maybe someone can integrate it into an actual myBB plugin now.