MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PremiumForums.net
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2013-02-04, 09:29 AM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-04, 09:10 AM)Jambuster Wrote: [ -> ]The fake online users doesn't leave your forum looking any more attractive either.

+1.

If you're going to lie to me, at least make sure I won't find out the truth.

Is there some way of noticing this I don't know about? haha

Sites faking stats shouldn't be allowed in the showcase IMO
(2013-02-04, 12:06 PM)Hayden- Wrote: [ -> ]Looks pretty good, might sign up.

If you do PM Me your username,Ill be sure to give you premium!!
Black text on dark background themes is a really bad idea. It's best according to studies to have black font on white or light colored backgrounds. It can prevent unnecessary eye strain and therefore increases productivity. Which is ideal. Consider adjusting the theme to maximize your site's appeal. Just an idea.
(2013-02-04, 02:34 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-04, 09:29 AM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-04, 09:10 AM)Jambuster Wrote: [ -> ]The fake online users doesn't leave your forum looking any more attractive either.

+1.

If you're going to lie to me, at least make sure I won't find out the truth.

Is there some way of noticing this I don't know about? haha

Most obvious way:

2 users active in the past 15 minutes (0 members, 0 of whom are invisible, and 1 guest).
Google , bloons97 , isRyaneauj , Zeva , RokInvolo
lol ...
You know, a plugin for that might actually not be a bad idea... to add a number or random guests and users to the list.. and of course accounts to go with them. Perception is important, and people have a herding like instinct to gather to places which other people are gathered. So why not utilize that instinct to expand growth potential of your forums? not a bad idea.. really.. even if a few people know you are using such a plugin.. it really doesn't matter compared to the hundreds of other visitors you may get who see that list of active logins and guests.
Fake online users won't help you. People don't judge how active a forum is by how many people are online – they judge it by post frequency.

Reading about this is really pathetic.
brad-t, that's not always true. To disprove your statement only one person ever has to look at those online users and be psychologically affected to feel that the forum is popular.
And there is definitely at least one person on this planet who would be psychologically impacted by seeing a large "online now" users list.

(2013-02-05, 02:41 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Reading about this is really pathetic.
That's not a constructive comment at all. I think it's fairly sad when a forum user speak out of ignorance then with educated intelligence. Which I am alluding to your comment being as such.
And me alluding to you acting unintelligent probably hurts your ego on some level or another even if minuet, so being on the receiving end... I'm sure you are capable to acknowledge how unpleasant it is.
So in other words. It's best to not be a "negative nancy" as your custom user title says. Do to others as you want done to yourself. And if I'm ever out of line, I'd like someone to point it out to me in the same rational fashion as I've just done with you.
But what brad is saying is that it doesn't matter if your forum has 5000 users online at a time or not, content is King. If you don't have the posts to show that your users are posting, then visitors will subconsciously assume there's something they don't know about your forum.

If HF had the members it had, but no posts, would it be as successful?
(2013-02-05, 05:41 AM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]But what brad is saying is that it doesn't matter if your forum has 5000 users online at a time or not, content is King. If you don't have the posts to show that your users are posting, then visitors will subconsciously assume there's something they don't know about your forum.

If HF had the members it had, but no posts, would it be as successful?

lol good reasoning and appropriately posted, I don't contest your logic there. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3