MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme dose not seam to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now we have ability to change colors via ACP. But is this feature unavailable for regular users via their UCP?
@Maj I can't give you a certain answer as I have not worked on it myself but the idea (IIRC) was that theme designers could provide a theme with multiple colors for the admin to choose from - not for the user to choose.
Hm... I thought that the idea was to give users this ability also, because if admin want only one color he can simply install theme with this color without this feature. So I think this way as it is now we lose half of power of this cool feature. I remember old fluxbb where you can (as user) choose between color schemes (different css files).

[Image: 1401842258-clip-14kb.png]
I understand your feelings but we can't just add everything and we can't please everyone. Some users would like it to stay like it is right now, some would prefer what you suggested - we'd need to add another feature that would allow admins to choose which colors can be set by which groups and we already have enough enhancements and fixes to work on (and we have an ETA to meet).
I read the blog and understand that developers don't have enough people and resources at this time. So... let it be just a suggestion for future releases or maybe even for 2.0
IMO user colour scheme selection would be better off as a plugin given how little it would be used.
Why do you think it would be used little? On forums where people spends a lot of their time, they like customization.
Probably because I've never seen it mentioned before. If it's worth adding to the core, I have no problem with it, but it shouldn't be a priority.
I agree on giving users the ability to select a color scheme from the ones the admin set up. That's the best use I could think of for a theme feature like this one. In fact, one of the only good uses I could think of.
I thought that this was what child themes were for, at least partly? Just make different colors of a theme child themes and change them inside it, then the user can change it if they'd like through the UCP. And of course there are themes that offer alternate colors with JS as well.
Pages: 1 2