MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for help to revitalize Forum.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I own and run a site called PurchaseMods.com
[Image: 954rcBR.png]
PurchaseMods.com is a video gaming forum specializing in allowing users to sell and buy video game mods such as modded controllers, consoles, even game customization.

http://www.purchasemods.com/forums/

It's in the market for sale
(as in this thread)

But incase I can't sell it I'd like help from forum innovators to help breath new vitality into the site to take it to the next level. I no longer have the time to do it all by myself as I've done for the last year.

Let me know your ideas or if you'd like to actively help.
thank you.
A new and more professional looking theme might help, your portal page is just so busy, do you really need ALL that animation ?

Why have a block and then tell people you have nothing to put in it !!
Your site is very laggy, I would consider removing animation - on links, images, etc.

I also suggest xThreads for your layout - if you have any troubles setting it up, you can PM me. Smile
(2013-02-04, 06:47 AM)Spangle Wrote: [ -> ]A new and more professional looking theme might help, your portal page is just so busy, do you really need ALL that animation ?

Why have a block and then tell people you have nothing to put in it !!
Is that all that is wrong with it? that's not too bad.. thank you. empty block fixed.

(2013-02-04, 09:23 AM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]Your site is very laggy, I would consider removing animation - on links, images, etc.

I also suggest xThreads for your layout - if you have any troubles setting it up, you can PM me. Smile
I'm not familiar with xThreads, could you link the developer site?
It's probably an excessive use of jQuery effects, or do you mean loading/query speed? If loading it's more than likely the host even though I'm using cloudflare. Thank you Smile
xThreads release thread at MyBBHacks.

I mean jQuery effects, mostly. I see no problems with your loading speed, but when your site loads, it does tend to lag, imho.