MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Threads are bold?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any idea of why all my thread texts are bold?
And what do I need to do to get rid of it...
[Image: wYWo6ti.png]
need a link to see the CSS conflict.
Here's a thread:
http://codmedia.net/thread-604.html
Here's my globalcss
http://pastebin.com/i886z9tx

(Thanks Smile
Well, to begin with..

Go to the post_body class in your html. You have 5-6 lines of CSS tags with nothing following them......why? Text-shadow happens to also be there with 1px 1px 1px, remove that. Then add:

font-weight: normal;

into the style tag
Ahh okay, so I changed the post_body to
.post_body {
 font-weight: normal;
}

It's a bit better, but the shadow is still there.

I tried removing the shadow here too, no luck :3
.postbit {
	-moz-box-shadow:inset 0px 0px 0px 0px #ffffff;
	-webkit-box-shadow:inset 0px 0px 0px 0px #ffffff;
	box-shadow:inset 0px 0px 0px 0px #ffffff;
	background:-webkit-gradient( linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0.05, #ededed), color-stop(1, #dfdfdf) );
	background:-moz-linear-gradient( center top, #ededed 5%, #dfdfdf 100% );
	filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr='#ededed', endColorstr='#dfdfdf');
	background-color:#ededed;
	-moz-border-radius:12px;
	-webkit-border-radius:12px;
	border-radius:12px;
	border:2px solid #dcdcdc;
	display:inline-block;
	color:#777777;
	font-family:arial;
	font-size:18px;
	font-weight:normal;
	padding:4px 22px;
	text-decoration:none;
	text-shadow:0px 0px 0px #ffffff;
There's an inline style on the post_body that's setting the text shadow. Go to Post Bit Templates > postbit and take the "style" attribute out. That should get rid of the shadow Smile

Next, the reason why the text was bold in the first place is because the container's wrapped in a "<b>" tag. I don't know if the tag's declared in the header and autoclosed or truly wrapped, but go into Header Templates > header and remove the starting <b> tag, then go into Footer Templates > footer to check if there's a closing tag and, if so, remove it.
This is my postbit, what style would I get rid of?
{$ignore_bit}
<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
	<tbody>
		<tr>
			<td class="tcat">
				<div class="float_left smalltext">
					{$post['postdate']}, {$post['posttime']} <span id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</span>
				</div>
				{$post['posturl']}
			</td>
		</tr>

<tr>
			<td class="trow1 {$unapproved_shade}">
				<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" style="width: 100%;">
					<tr>
						<td class="post_avatar" width="1" style="{$post['avatar_padding']}">
							{$post['useravatar']}
						</td>
						<td class="post_author">
							<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
							<span class="smalltext">
								{$post['usertitle']}<br />
								{$post['userstars']}
								{$post['groupimage']}
							</span>
						</td>
						<td class="smalltext post_author_info" width="165">
							{$post['user_details']}<br />{$post['myawards']}{$post['newpoints_postbit']}
						</td>
					</tr>
				</table>
			</td>
		</tr>

<tr>
			<td class="trow2 post_content {$unapproved_shade}">
				<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>

<div class="post_body" id="pid_{$post['pid']}" style="background-color: {$mybb->settings['bg_color']}; background-image: url({$mybb->settings['bg_image']}); color:{$mybb->settings['txt_color']}; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px {$mybb->settings['txt_shadow']}; border: {$mybb->settings['brder_px']} {$mybb->settings['brder_style']} {$mybb->settings['brder_color']}; border-radius: {$mybb->settings['brder_radius']}; -moz-border-radius: {$mybb->settings['brder_radius']}; -webkit-border-radius: {$mybb->settings['brder_radius']};">
					{$post['message']}
				</div>
				{$post['attachments']}
				{$post['signature']}

<div class="post_meta" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
				{$post['iplogged']}
				</div>
			</td>
		</tr>

<tr>
			<td class="trow1 post_buttons {$unapproved_shade}">
				<div class="author_buttons float_left">
					{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}
				</div>
				<div class="post_management_buttons float_right">{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}
				</div>
			</td>
		</tr>
	</tbody>
</table>
About halfway down you'll see this:
style="background-color: {$mybb->settings['bg_color']}; background-image: url({$mybb->settings['bg_image']}); color:{$mybb->settings['txt_color']}; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px {$mybb->settings['txt_shadow']}; border: {$mybb->settings['brder_px']} {$mybb->settings['brder_style']} {$mybb->settings['brder_color']}; border-radius: {$mybb->settings['brder_radius']}; -moz-border-radius: {$mybb->settings['brder_radius']}; -webkit-border-radius: {$mybb->settings['brder_radius']};"

That needs to be taken out.

Also, now that I see the actual template code, it looks like some plugin's controlling that. Do you have anything installed that would control those variables (things like "{$mybb->settings['txt_shadow']}" and the like)?