MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can not upload file - Too large for php post_max_size directive.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Getting this when I try to upload an attachment of 80MB. I have the file sizes for .zip and .php set to 500MB in my 'Attachment Types'. My host info says there is no upload limit. I have done a search on this topic but there is no info that is helping me. Is there some sort of separate setting for post size I need to change? Really like to get this fixed ASAP.
(2013-02-05, 08:08 AM)rfxcasey Wrote: [ -> ]My host info says there is no upload limit.
But post_max_size in the PHP configuration is limited, your host needs to increase it.
(2013-02-05, 08:37 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-05, 08:08 AM)rfxcasey Wrote: [ -> ]My host info says there is no upload limit.
But post_max_size in the PHP configuration is limited, your host needs to increase it.

I understand, but I'd like to make sure first. I'm using Awardspace and have a paid account with them. Everything I see in my account settings suggests that there is no limit to storage, bandwidth and it looks like file size as well. I will inquire of them to see if I can get the problem resolved. Is there nothing else that could be triggering this error message?

Edit: I'm looking in MyBB admin cp and under php info I am seeing post_max_size is set to 10MB. I am assuming this is only limited by the host. Is this correct?

Edit again: It looking like upload via File Manager is 10 MB, FTP has no limit. Is there a way to have attachments upload via FTP? Is there a way that my users can upload via FTP from the site itself or do you HAVE to upload via a dedicated FTP program such as Filezilla or CuteFTP? I have a machine at home I could host the files from, I suppose I could just link to my server in the posts on my forum. Would this work?
There are 3 factors that are set in your host PHP.ini file that determine what can be uploaded. Changing values in the MyBB scripts will not change the server settings. All 3 items must be set correctly for large file uploads.

upload_max_filesize
post_max_size
memory_limit

You can also get into trouble with large files and slow connections with the
max_execution_time

setting.