MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Default Like & Thank-you System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there,

I was thinking that MyBB version 2.0 would include a default like and/or thank you system. This could be used as an alternative to a reputation system, as I've seen done before on many different MyBB boards.

Basically, the like/thank system would include a range of settings which may include the option to only allow likes on the first post/author of a thread, instead of having the ability to like every post; view given and received likes/thanks; and the ability to remove your likes from posts.

I understand that there is already a plugin for liking and thanking posts created by -G33K-, although I think adding this feature to MyBB version 2.0 by default would make a great addition to the software.

Thanks a lot,

-A.
Yes! Trying to do these two things with lightweight plugins has been a large chore. I would reset everyone's stats just to get this as a default feature.
This needs to happen in 2.0 -- not kidding at all.
MyNetwork's Post Rep plugin does most of what you're asking, and combined with xThreads it can do EXACTLY what you're asking.

Not saying this shouldn't be core, but if you want to do this now, you totally can.
Thank you and Like system is a wonderful plugin in version 1.6
I also think it should be added to Mybb 2.0 as a default feature. It will make Mybb 2.0 more special.
I'm using Thank you and like system (mod by G33K) for my forum (version 1.6). So It should have a merge system to move all of the thanks from the old to the new one.
Looking forward to version 2.0 ^^
There was a small internal discussion on this about two and a bit years ago. The outcome of which is a secret. :>
(2013-02-22, 03:51 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]There was a small internal discussion on this about two and a bit years ago. The outcome of which is a secret. :>

Which means it's happening otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it.
I just like talking about topics we discuss internally. ^_^
I think it would be better to go down the normal "reputation" model vs the like systems. Its more...engaging I find.

Either way, I'm sure there will eventually be a module for one or the other so doesn't really matter which route MyBB goes by default Smile.
It would be a decent feature. It's not too big of a thing to add to the forum, and it's pretty much a basic couple of ratio buttons ;D. +1 for this, some boards I could use it for, some I can't though.
Pages: 1 2