MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Regarding the Google SEO Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im having trouble getting this plugin in my Admin CP. I uploaded the files into home/myusername/public_html/forum in my cPanel but I havent been able to find the plugin in Amin CP > Configuration. The document doesn't say where I need to upload the files and I have double checked that I have all files in the directory.

Could somebody point me in the right direction as to which directory I should upload these files in? I'd appreciate the help

woops ive just re-read the document and it does say where to install it sorry for my ignorance.

does anyone know how i can solve these problems?
Warning [2] require_once(/home/username/public_html/inc/plugins/google_seo/plugin.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory - Line: 49 - File: inc/plugins/google_seo.php PHP 5.3.18 (Linux)

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/username/public_html/inc/plugins/google_seo/plugin.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/username/public_html/inc/plugins/google_seo.php on line 49

ive uploaded all files like it said and I dont have google-seo.php uploaded twice
(2013-02-05, 06:04 PM)riskymonk Wrote: [ -> ]Im having trouble getting this plugin in my Admin CP. I uploaded the files into home/myusername/public_html/forum in my cPanel but I havent been able to find the plugin in Amin CP > Configuration. The document doesn't say where I need to upload the files and I have double checked that I have all files in the directory.

Could somebody point me in the right direction as to which directory I should upload these files in? I'd appreciate the help

woops ive just re-read the document and it does say where to install it sorry for my ignorance.

does anyone know how i can solve these problems?
Warning [2] require_once(/home/username/public_html/inc/plugins/google_seo/plugin.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory - Line: 49 - File: inc/plugins/google_seo.php PHP 5.3.18 (Linux)

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/username/public_html/inc/plugins/google_seo/plugin.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/username/public_html/inc/plugins/google_seo.php on line 49

ive uploaded all files like it said and I dont have google-seo.php uploaded twice

You haven't uploaded the files to the correct location, it's looking for them in those places and can't find them.
Hello Spangle Ive uploaded the files to public_html/inc/plugins. Is this not the right directory?
(2013-02-05, 07:04 PM)riskymonk Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Spangle Ive uploaded the files to public_html/inc/plugins. Is this not the right directory?

Have you uploaded the individual files, if so you need upload the whole folder called google seo to the plugins file
it wont let me upload a whole folder i have to upload each file individually
(2013-02-05, 07:28 PM)riskymonk Wrote: [ -> ]it wont let me upload a whole folder i have to upload each file individually

Make sure you upload them to the same place as they come from.
what do you mean? ive uploaded the 6 files in plugins to public_html/inc/plugins and the language one in the languages directory like it said on the html document. All plugin files, html and php document are in the same directory if thats what you meant
They're not in the same directory in the ZIP.

You have to upload them so they end up in their respective directories in your board structure.

The ZIP file has inc/plugins/google_seo/plugin.php

Your board needs to have inc/plugins/google_seo/plugin.php

If you upload it to inc/plugins/plugin.php instead then that's your problem.

You have to delete the files that you uploaded to the wrong location (they will cause problems there) and upload them to their correct location.

Again, a good FTP client will do this right automatically if you upload not file by file, but the entire inc/ folder. A good host should offer FTP or an even more sophisticated method that allows comfortably working with files.