MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to fix this error message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

I am using validator.w3 to check my forum and fixing errors. I have one error left and this one I don't get fixed so my question is, is there someone that knows to fix this following error..

Line 296, Column 125: document type does not allow element "div" here; missing one of "object", "applet", "map", "iframe", "button", "ins", "del" start-tag

…l nieuw jasje <div class="float_right"></div><span class="float_right"></span>…

The mentioned element is not allowed to appear in the context in which you've placed it; the other mentioned elements are the only ones that are both allowed
there and can contain the element mentioned. This might mean that you need a containing element, or possibly that you've forgotten to close a previous element.

One possible cause for this message is that you have attempted to put a block-level element (such as "<p>" or "<table>") inside an inline element (such as "<a>", "<span>", or "<font>").

See also the error here: validator.w3 - error message

Thanks for helping me!!
check your spans & divs perhaps
I trying for 2 hours now, and I don't seem to fix it so I dont know annymore with template and where to take a look.. Because everything I think it can be isn't good and the error is still there....
Do you have HTML in posts ?

Also, the my_support plugin puts divs inside a span - that needs to be fixed but I am not sure where.
(2013-02-05, 06:34 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have HTML in posts ?

Also, the my_support plugin puts divs inside a span - that needs to be fixed but I am not sure where.

There is no html in the post and, I have take a look but see nothing strange in the showthread template. Maybe I need to wait until you are finished on my forum BlushBlush
well, I do not know what I can fix really. Did you answer on the question on your board?
Yeah I had haha... I had ask if u want to take a look to the forum if everything was fine with the new template and u found some errors and u want to fix it.... I had fix some errors by myzelf but this one above I don't get fixed.. And I don't know if the rest is fine on the forum....
I can make it so when the user uses quick reply it will do a page refresh. That will fix it from a user perspective.
Its fine we can give that a try, maybe thats works then.... And the errors u send me on PM from the validator, I have almost all errors gone, but one I don't get fixed, can u maybe take a look after u have don the part of the quick reply Angel Angel
And Leefish do u have take a look so far and works all fine or ???
Pages: 1 2