MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disallow other usergroups to assign certain usergroup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

On my forum, I have a set of people that are allowed to assign userranks to other people. The problem is, they are also able to set themself to "Owner" (the normal "Administrator" rank), but I'm looking for a way to make this impossible. Is there any plugin to do this?
If you want them to only be able to change groups, go to your ACP > Users & Groups > Admin Permissions and only allow them to edit users.

As for making a separate admin group, simply create a new group, import permissions from the Owner group, and re-name it to admin. That way they won't have the userbar for owner.
No look, I have the "Owner" rank, while they are allowed to give people the "Admin" rank (custom made, has very little permissions). But these people can give themself the "Owner" rank and have all permissions then, which means that restricting their access isn't helping at all, since they can just set their rank to "Owner" and still do anything I can.
Still looking for this.
I'm still in need of this. I want people to be able to assign usergroups to people but I don't want them to be able to set themself or someone else to the "Owner" rank, which gives them full access. Currently that's possible, but I don't want this to be possible.