MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB Internal Error
MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (44)
Error Message:
MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension. Please contact the MyBB Group for support. MyBB Website
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

I believe a change of servers from the host I'm running on has caused recent data to be lost. I have no backups so I just need a way to fix the error message.
Please have a look at the common errors Wiki page:
[Docs: Help-Common_Error_Messages]

If you have any other questions about this error, please feel free to reply, including any extra details if necessary such as the link to the error, plugins/modifications installed, and/or a test account.

With regards,
MyBB Support Team
No 44 error message on there.
There's an issue with your host or you have the incorrect MySQL extension defined in inc/config.php.
It's currently mysqli in my config but the host has been making changes. What are the other extensions?
(2013-02-07, 04:14 PM)StevenF50 Wrote: [ -> ]No 44 error message on there.
Error Message: MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension. Please contact the MyBB Group for support. MyBB Website
Information: This occurs when the database type is incorrect in ./inc/config.php. To fix this, open ./inc/config.php and check the entry for $config['database']['type']. A common issue is having 'mysql' instead of 'mysqli', or having 'mysqli' instead of 'mysql'. If you do not know what needs to be here, contact your host provider.
Fixed. Host must have changed the databse type. Is it regular to lose your latest content after this error?
Not unless the host has rolled the database back to a recent backup or something.