MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to merge a mybb forum database I bought. I tried it and dont seem to work? Can someone explain to me how to merge right? I reald help dos but still not working?
Are you using the MyBB merge system, or just importing sql tables into the DB?
What's not working? You have to be more specific.
Yes, I bought a database from a guy, its a mybb forum. I want to merge it with my forum, but I tried everything and when I click on my forum it takes me to the other domain who i bought the database from.

Can anyone help me?
I think I have a hunch of what your problem is:

Upload the merge system to the destination board (let's call it forum 1). Grab a copy of the database from forum 2's DB and import it using something such as phpMyAdmin. Then type in the proper credentials and you should be fine.

Something makes me think you uploaded the files and everything of forum 2 and uploaded the merge system there. That config file will have the old URL in it, causing it to redirect as you describe (if the system works how I think it does).
Hi thanks for the reply.

So should I install a new board, then delete all tables from phpmyadmin, then import the database there?
Where do I change the info? on the old database so it dont redirect me to old domain?

Thank you.
You should never be redirected to the old board if you uploaded everything correctly. Import the old database using phpmyadmin, then upload the merge folder to the destination forum. Do not upload the files of the old forum -- you don't need them for this.
Ok thank you. So this is what I should do:

upload old database to phpmyadmin then upload a fresh new forum in ftp plus the merge, then run the merge? I did this and it dont work? can you put it step by step maybe? Thanks a lot for the help.

And I only have a full back up as a SQL file.
I see you reuploaded the _market database, but you need to have the other database uploaded too like you did before.

Basically how it goes is:
1: Ensure that you have a backup of each database in case the Merge system decides to self-destruct on you.
2: On the destination forum directory (eg: public_html/market), you'd upload the merge system (merge/) as public_html/market/merge. You don't need to upload the files of the forum you are importing data FROM.
3: You go to yourforum/market/merge and fill in the config details, and it should work.

PS: For me to do it for you, I need the old DB uploaded too Wink.

I am so confused right now. I when I checked the "market" board url, and went to it, it says your board is not installed. I think that's related to what you did earlier. If it is, we'll have to see if I can get some of my magic to work.
Thanks a lot man... You have been a big help! I sent you a PM also Smile

Hmm, this is still not working? I just want to take a database and start a forum with it. ??