MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Your PayPal donation doesn't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I try to donate using PayPal I get the following message: "This recipient is currently unable to receive money." The name of the recipient on the top the the screen is MyBulletinBoard.
Yes, we have had issues with PayPal for a while unfortunately. You may be able to contact Chris about alternate means of donating, but for now PayPal is not an option.
So why is the link there if you've known about it for a while ...?
Because we've been trying to get it fixed. Paypal have put a limit on Chris's account meaning that he can't receive money at all. We've been in discussion with them trying to tell them we're a not for profit organisation but they want us to pay for the company level service (which obviously isn't right).
(2013-02-08, 02:23 PM)Euan T. Wrote: [ -> ]Because we've been trying to get it fixed. Paypal have put a limit on Chris's account meaning that he can't receive money at all. We've been in discussion with them trying to tell them we're a not for profit organisation but they want us to pay for the company level service (which obviously isn't right).

Why not open another PP for the time being?
That would get them banned for sure.
(2013-02-08, 11:08 PM)kamz89 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-08, 02:23 PM)Euan T. Wrote: [ -> ]Because we've been trying to get it fixed. Paypal have put a limit on Chris's account meaning that he can't receive money at all. We've been in discussion with them trying to tell them we're a not for profit organisation but they want us to pay for the company level service (which obviously isn't right).

That's probably not going to make things better. I don't think PayPal would be too happy with that.

Donations aren't a high priority as we're fairly well funded by Chris himself. Chris'll have something sorted out in time. We'll need him when we get the new site up and running. I'll be sure to bring it up if he doesn't get something done by then.
(2013-02-08, 11:19 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]

That's probably not going to make things better. I don't think PayPal would be too happy with that.

Donations aren't a high priority as we're fairly well funded by Chris himself. Chris'll have something sorted out in time. We'll need him when we get the new site up and running. I'll be sure to bring it up if he doesn't get something done by then.

Wait what do you mean by new site?
(2013-02-08, 11:24 PM)kamz89 Wrote: [ -> ]

Hopefully along with the 1.8 release we'll be revamping MyBB.com with a new design and making other upgrades to the community.
(2013-02-08, 11:29 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-08, 11:24 PM)kamz89 Wrote: [ -> ]

Hopefully along with the 1.8 release we'll be revamping MyBB.com with a new design and making other upgrades to the community.
Upgrades such as new features or something else?
Pages: 1 2