MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WebDAV for templates/CSS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Would this be possible to have in mybb 1.8?
I think I've brought this up before from memory. Can't remember the exact outcome of my enquiry but I remember it being said that not many hosts allow WebDAV access.
I've never had a host that doesn't allow WebDAV access
(2013-02-08, 07:16 PM)Euan T. Wrote: [ -> ]I think I've brought this up before from memory. Can't remember the exact outcome of my enquiry but I remember it being said that not many hosts allow WebDAV access.

Well, if their host didn't allow it...then simply, it wouldn't be used?
Put simply, no. It would require rewriting how the template system works and we don't have any statistics about WebDAV availability. It's not something I can see being implemented in to 2.0 either.
(2013-02-08, 08:39 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Put simply, no. It would require rewriting how the template system works and we don't have any statistics about WebDAV availability. It's not something I can see being implemented in to 2.0 either.

Why's that Nathan? You just like to make theme designing harder?
(we do everything from the acp, it's quite the pain in the lime)
Just saying that's what I remember being said when I asked about a year ago or so. Don't shoot the messenger.
(2013-02-08, 08:43 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-08, 08:39 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Put simply, no. It would require rewriting how the template system works and we don't have any statistics about WebDAV availability. It's not something I can see being implemented in to 2.0 either.

Why's that Nathan? You just like to make theme designing harder?
(we do everything from the acp, it's quite the pain in the lime)

We don't have any statistics about WebDAV availability. Unless most installations have WebDAV available there's no point adding it because we want to make MyBB work in just about any environment. Who says we're going to make theme designing harder? Views in 2.0 will be file based anyway.
I don't see why it being supported on most servers should be a reason to include it or not. It really helps the theme development process, and from experience with IPB you don't HAVE to use it, regular template editor works fine if it's not enabled.

If it's not in 2.0 that's just crazy, 1.8 is sorta understandable.
(2013-02-09, 01:06 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see why it being supported on most servers should be a reason to include it or not. It really helps the theme development process, and from experience with IPB you don't HAVE to use it, regular template editor works fine if it's not enabled.

If it's not in 2.0 that's just crazy, 1.8 is sorta understandable.

It's not just about availability but also about demand. If 5% of MyBB installations have WevDAV enabled and only a handful of people really want to use WebDAV, it's probably best left as a plugin. It shouldn't be too hard to drop in a library such as sabredav. We don't want MyBB to become a huge 50 MB application with 20 different third party applications included.
Pages: 1 2