MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme Images Do Not Display
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to mybb, but have mastered setting up most of the features, including editing templates. However, I have noticed the following problems with themes I have downloaded from the Internet and was hoping for feedback:

1. I cannot change the default logo for the themes by uploading a new file to the server and changing the name in the theme configuration. (The permissions do not seem to matter; clearing the browser cache does not work; and restarting Apache on the server does not help either.)

2. The images for many themes do not display at all. (Is this a case of incompatibility with the current version of mybb?)

I am using the latest version of mybb, and only themes that are 1.6.x compatible. But even the default theme has the problem that I cannot change the logo.

Your comments and suggestions would be appreciated.
Can you post here the URL of your forum, so I can check if the image path is wrong or something else?
Have you uploaded your images to the correct directory?
The images are in the correct directories. I uploaded them to the ./images/nameoftemplate directories. Even loading an image to the ./images to replace the default ./images/logo.gif image does not work. (URL: mbvizor.com)

I just changed the default image to logoMBVIZOR.png. It loads, but does not display. I even set the permissions to 777. And it is in the correct directory: I checked with my browser.

Ideas anyone...
Have you named the the folder inside the images folder ins?
Yes. The folder is named "ins".
And you have that logoMBVIZOR.png in the ins folder and it doesn't display?
Correct. I checked the code. The name of the file must be "logo.png". It turns out that FileZilla was caching. I am going to try to reload all of my files with a different FTP agent. Perhaps that is the problem.