MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] Basic Site-Forum Integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
So it won't work if I'm using SSI?
What exactly is your error? Or is nothing happening?
Nope, as I explain already, SSI and PHP are different. SSI isn't really a programming language, it's just basicly what the name implys "Server Side Includes." To use the code in this tutorial, you'll to make use of PHP.
hmm nice tutorial , well everything is working fine expect the recent posts which is not retriving the fields from the database.
Shahzam Wrote:GREAT! now somebody makes a tutorial on integrating. when i spent a week coding to get my website to integrate with mybb, shahzam.com , if you want any scripts on there to integrate with mybb ask me.

hi friend. how are you. hope you are doing best. congrats that you have made some thing wonderful. integrated mybb to your site. i am still in the process but i am new to php and mysql. all i need to know that how i can display all the forum categories names in a list present in the forum in the portal page . for more clear information i am adding the image attachment . please help how to code.
thanks for reading.
my view of the portal should looklike(please check attachment
there is no attachment...
None of the code works for me. I connected to my databases fine, but nothing ever shows up. Sometimes it says:
Direct initialization of this file is not allowed.

Please make sure IN_MYBB is defined.
I really need this code for my site, and i don't know whats wrong since I'm not that good with php.
You need to add define('IN_MYBB', 1); above the include to global.php
Shahzam Wrote:there is no attachment...

hi friend sorry, i am attaching the layout . It is Just adding all forums which are available in the forum .
as we see in the archive /index.php where we see the list of forums i want to integrate it in the forum. so that user who visits the portal first can have a brief look of all the available forums in the portal and by clicking on the particular forum cateogory he can visit the forum
thanks for reading. please help me out
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare getpagedata() (previously declared in /hsphere/local/home/tales/tales.rpgplanet.gamespy.com/index.php(589) : eval()'d code:4) in /hsphere/local/home/tales/tales.rpgplanet.gamespy.com/index.php(589) : eval()'d code on line 4

I get that error when I try inserting the first part in the very top of the page. Maybe it might have to do with me using a page-grab snippet in Etomite (I can't have PHP in the "template", so I have to use a script to pull the PHP code into the template when someone views the site --- the Site News Plugin was done the same way, as well.)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7