MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bump a thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Noob question but I've totally forgot - how do I bump up a thread ?
Reply again to thread where no one posted after your last post in 24h and that is bumped thread Big Grin

Quote:When a member posts in a thread for no reason but to have it go to the top, it is referred to as a bump or bumping. It has been suggested that "bump" is an acronym of "bring up my post"
(2013-02-09, 10:53 PM)JovanJ. Wrote: [ -> ]Reply again to thread where no one posted after your last post in 24h and that is bumped thread Big Grin

Toungue Yes I know that but isn't there a way to bump it to the top without replying?
(2013-02-09, 10:54 PM)markwesley Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-09, 10:53 PM)JovanJ. Wrote: [ -> ]Reply again to thread where no one posted after your last post in 24h and that is bumped thread Big Grin

Toungue Yes I know that but isn't there a way to bump it to the top without replying?

No, if you are not admin and stick it for example Smile But technicaly you can't.
There is if you install a plugin
(2013-02-09, 10:56 PM)JovanJ. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-09, 10:54 PM)markwesley Wrote: [ -> ]

No, if you are not admin and stick it for example Smile But technicaly you can't.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure there was a way, do you know a way I could do this?
To be honest, this is the only way i know or with plugin as Trindris said.
(2013-02-09, 11:01 PM)JovanJ. Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, this is the only way i know or with plugin as Trindris said.

I don't want to use a plugin for something that should be hard coded in IMO but thanks for the help.
There was a plugin but it seems to be removed.

http://mods.mybboard.net/view/bump-thread

Maybe you can request someone to make it for you.
Pages: 1 2