MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What term is this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do you guys know what term it is to call a forum that's in it just for the money? I've heard around on here in the showcase, many people say it to forums similar to HF and already have tons of donation awards and upgrades.

Thanks! Smile
terrible
(2013-02-10, 12:16 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]terrible

I would've gone for tightass
greedy? money hungry?
(2013-02-10, 12:16 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]terrible

yup that's the one
I would say greedy and selfish.
Why do you guys have such opinion? Not trying to make a flame war here, I'm just curious to hear your morals and ethics about this.
There is nothing wrong with having a forum that is just to make money. There are a few sites I can think of that only offer support for plugins etc to subscriber members.

What is bad (in my opinion) is a forum that attempts to sell "features" that don't actually add any value.
(2013-02-10, 04:31 AM)Irreligious Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you guys have such opinion? Not trying to make a flame war here, I'm just curious to hear your morals and ethics about this.

I don't believe any business or venture should exist with only the goal of making money. There are so many ways to both be profitable and to make positive contributions to consumers and society.
(2013-02-10, 04:31 AM)Irreligious Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you guys have such opinion? Not trying to make a flame war here, I'm just curious to hear your morals and ethics about this.

It's just because I have seen some sites that are successful and making money easily while their normal registered members are enjoying the benefits too but at the other side there are some sites that are all in about money. Off course everyone needs money and if they are dedicating their time into something and paying from their own pockets for the server etc they should get something in return but way too in for money sites are what I have started to avoid now.
Pages: 1 2