MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MISSING SMILIE INSERTER / MyCODE FORMATTING BAR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We've noticed that there have been many people reporting that the smiley inserter and MyCode formatting bar have been missing from your forum, and most of them have been solved with the simple solution below.

First of all, to make sure everybody knows what I am referring to:
The smiley inserter: [attachment=4540]
The MyCode formatting bar: [attachment=4541]
Both of these are usually visible when you create a new thread or reply.

Solution
Go to User CP --> Edit Options and make sure the setting "Show the MyCode formatting options on the posting pages." is checked.
See attachment: [attachment=4542]

Related Bug
Your board may be affected by this bug:
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=13061

Please see the thread for a patch.

To enable this option for all users
Please run this SQL code in phpMyAdmin:
UPDATE mybb_users SET showcodebuttons=1
Replace mybb_ with your forum's database table prefix (if different).

If you need a tutorial on how to run SQL in phpMyAdmin, see this thread

Thank you,
my edit options in the user cp is a php file is this correct?
DennisTT, Thanks for posting this!
spikescot2005 Wrote:my edit options in the user cp is a php file is this correct?
The file is usercp.php, so yes it is a PHP file. However, you don't need to edit the source of the file. All you need to do is visit your User CP and make the change as DennisTT instructed.
spikescot2005 Wrote:my edit options in the user cp is a php file is this correct?

As Christian said, yes it is a PHP file, but if it is asking you to download a PHP file, then there's something wrong and you should make a separate support request.
Oh it is asking me to download the file Sad i think there is loads of problems with my forum and i just dont know what to do to sort them all.
You should re upload everything (excluding inc/settings.php and inc/config.php)
Will this delete the theme and plugins i have. Also what about backing up what should i back up.
It shouldn't since your not reinstalling the board or changing the database in anyway.
No thats not sorted the problems

what should i do?
Are you sure you added it correctly and changed the Users options after you added the code?
Pages: 1 2 3