MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade from 1.6.7 to 1.6.9 Errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade my current forum from MyBB Version 1.6.7 to MyBB 1.6.9 (1609).

I've uploaded all the files, removed the lock file and now the installation wizard is asking me to UPGRADE to 1.6.7.. thus the dropdown mentioned in this help page only shows the last version as being 1.6.6 so I can't select the right one anyway. >"<

Unsure what to do now, I have no dashboard and no forum and I can't seem to upgrade at all.

Any help would be appreciated.
1.6.7--> 1.6.8-->.16.9
row upgrade
1.6.8 isn't available on the site to download, but the upgrade page says I should be able to do a full upgrade.

It's extremely annoying as the dashboard says "You are currently running MyBB 1.6.7 whilst the latest generally available release is MyBB 1.6.9 (1609)." but the upgrader is trying to upgrade TO 1.6.7 so as I mentioned, I can't select 1.6.7 in the dropdown. Sad Fail
(2013-02-10, 01:44 PM)Origins Wrote: [ -> ]1.6.8 isn't available on the site to download, but the upgrade page says I should be able to do a full upgrade.

It's extremely annoying as the dashboard says "You are currently running MyBB 1.6.7 whilst the latest generally available release is MyBB 1.6.9 (1609)." but the upgrader is trying to upgrade TO 1.6.7 so as I mentioned, I can't select 1.6.7 in the dropdown. Sad Fail
http://mybbsource.com/archives.html 
Download it here Smile after the upgrade Wink
Are you sure you've uploaded the new files from a new 1.6.9 download? Sounds like that's the issue.
Did a restore for tonight since its 2am here but today I will retry it again. I did try twice and got the same result. The download was from the proper MyBB downloads page and I got the full upgrade option since Im not at 1.6.8.

It did say it was overwriting so Im assuming it was doing as it was meant to. I don't want to risk trying again now with my sleepy brain LOL.

I will update this thread if it works today. Thank you for responding Smile