MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread title error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So it's normal that it is out of sync? (real topic title, website title bar, and the replies towards the topic?)
It shouldn't be out of sync, but if you have a decent breadcrumb formatting in your forum template you can see exactly where you are at as well as the title of the thread with it's prefix. Each post also has it's own title. But typically most users don't use the old school nested view (my terminology might be a little off there but should be enough to get what I'm saying) where you'll see that. I'm not entirely sure what you are wanting but if the title of the browser tab (eg title="") MUST be the title of a topic OR post depending on the url then someone may be able to make a plugin for it. Or maybe even a jquery... but would probably be little to no benefit to SEO. Again, I'm not entirely sure what you're after... but MyBB's current setup with titles is fine.
It isn't out of sync, it should be like that
(2013-02-12, 08:07 PM)Tindris Wrote: [ -> ]It isn't out of sync, it should be like that

So the thread names are supposed to be mixed up?

Also as you might have seen in my attachment, for me the browser title and reply titles ARE out of sync. Where can I find this in my templates under post bit templates?

I created 5 test threads, and when I posted the 5th thread I saw the thread title of my first test thread.

[attachment=28576]
This is how my threadlist looks like (working perfectly fine)

[attachment=28577]
- Here the thread title on the browser title is incorrect (is running about 5 threads behind).

- The thread title navigation list is the correct one which the browser title and the thread title should become.

- The thread title which is within the blue lined box is also a faulty title, should be the same as the naviation title (as mentioned above).
I just realized that the number was 5, 5 threads and I also have 5 "latest threads on my sidebar. When I removed the latest thread module from the plugin it was synced once again! Now I am going to figure out of I can get this module running in another way.

Does anyone know the code for the latest threads? Also the way I can change the amount of latest threads within that code?

Thanks for all the help even though it was nothing really related to all of this but anyway this is now half solved!

Edit: I found out that the plugin itself got updated and fixed this. Problem solved!
Pages: 1 2