MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Have tried 2 theme installs. Both failed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Installed one of the Apart themes. Looks great and modern. No issues thus far. Cheers.
(2013-02-11, 05:15 PM)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Installed one of the Apart themes. Looks great and modern. No issues thus far. Cheers.

Glad to know I could help
(2013-02-11, 05:12 PM)Spangle Wrote: [ -> ]If there are checks, then would it not be sensible to state the version it is for rather than the release date of the theme.

The mods site can't parse the XML of the theme, and I don't believe there's currently a field for stating the version, but IIRC the new mods site supports it. Regardless, a rule of thumb is all 1.6 themes will work on 1.6. You just need to make sure the templates are up to date. This doesn't just apply to when you install it but also when you upgrade your forum. Custom templates aren't automatically updated as they will most likely contain custom code which would be reverted.

(2013-02-11, 05:12 PM)Spangle Wrote: [ -> ]Plus there are themes which say they are 1.6.* compatible, and you still have to use the "ignore version compatibility" in order for them to install.

Now in most peoples view the asterisk in 1.6.* denotes that said theme (or Plugin) will work with any version preceded by 1.6. this is obviously not the case, and it's use should be terminated,and exchanged for the full version number eg: 1.6.8, then we would know beforehand.

Ignore version compatibility checks against what version of the default theme the theme was initially based off. As I said, the theme will work fine, they just require a bit of updating which is required by all administrators at some point.
(Never mind the message below -- it was my impatience. It eventually fixed itself with a refresh)

Ok

I extracted the ZIP file.

Opened the Image file and upload all the files there

Went into the control pannel ACP>Templates & Styles > Themes > Import a theme tab >
Where it says local file, make sure that it is selected, then browse to the theme .xml file on your PC

First thing it talked about was incompatability... so I clicked the box
next thing it took me to an error page on my site (which is there when someone clicks a link to a page that doesn't exist.

Can you assist me from here?
I wonder if I put the images in the wrong file? I did put it in the images file. But in the folder than came with in the zip called. So now I have original images file> upload> images file.

What "should I have". I know that's wrong because my site is missing the images.

http://elevatingyourbusiness.com/bb1/

Thanks.
In the themes install instructions it should tell you exactly where to upload the images. Usually you should upload the folder of images as a folder into the image directory.
Thanks. I found it, but can't get the colors exactly like they were. So it has a new name but looks a little off color. For now, it will work fine.
Pages: 1 2