MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change gif to png without changing javascript
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyway Fixed it, Just ignored that JS thing, tested the forum looks fine. Thanks for your help.
(2013-02-11, 07:03 PM)Alone warrior Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-11, 06:20 PM)Spangle Wrote: [ -> ]Changing the extension doesn't change the format of the file, a gif is a gif.
What you are saying is put a Rolls Royce badge on a Ford, and the Ford will become a Rolls Royce... it wont !

A gif won't remain gif if you change extension but image will remain same.

Anyways i don't know what are you trying to do.. I thought you just want to use some gif image icon on your theme where current files are in png format.

A GIF will remain a GIF if the extension is changed as the data inside the file isn't magically changed with the extension.
(2013-02-11, 10:58 PM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-11, 07:03 PM)Alone warrior Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-11, 06:20 PM)Spangle Wrote: [ -> ]Changing the extension doesn't change the format of the file, a gif is a gif.
What you are saying is put a Rolls Royce badge on a Ford, and the Ford will become a Rolls Royce... it wont !

A gif won't remain gif if you change extension but image will remain same.

Anyways i don't know what are you trying to do.. I thought you just want to use some gif image icon on your theme where current files are in png format.

A GIF will remain a GIF if the extension is changed as the data inside the file isn't magically changed with the extension.

There is a exception for non animated images, but animated images will can not remain same after changing extension.
The Click to mark this forum as read feature won't work unless you also edit ./jscripts/general.js
Pages: 1 2