MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I ATTRACT bots to my forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm wanting to just set up a forum filled with bots, how can I attract bots to join and post?
I'm not sure why you want to do this, but just setup a new forum and leave it a few months and you'll get quite a lot of spam.
This has been done a few times and no one ever seems to keep up with them in the end. I mean bots aren't the most entertaining things in thew world Toungue.
(2013-02-12, 02:33 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure why you want to do this, but just setup a new forum and leave it a few months and you'll get quite a lot of spam.
Just to gain a ton of posts in a period of time.
(2013-02-12, 02:35 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]This has been done a few times and no one ever seems to keep up with them in the end. I mean bots aren't the most entertaining things in thew world Toungue.

Lol, but I have a domain for another 1 year, and it's pretty useless, so I wanna see how many posts it'll get within a year
nevermind
(2013-02-12, 02:44 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]nevermind

Okay then.

Anyone have any ideas on plugins to add or anything?
You don't really need anything. Make the registrations to accept automatically and disable captcha if you want more to register.
(2013-02-12, 02:35 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]This has been done a few times and no one ever seems to keep up with them in the end. I mean bots aren't the most entertaining things in thew world Toungue.

I dunno Alex, I got one that advertised Google in Russian once.
I had a forum with 250,000 bot posts ^_^ Just turn of the captcha, have instant activation and then leave the forum. 6 months later you'll be filled with spam. Big Grin
(2013-02-13, 01:37 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]I had a forum with 250,000 bot posts ^_^ Just turn of the captcha, have instant activation and then leave the forum. 6 months later you'll be filled with spam. Big Grin

Damn, good stuff. Been a ~week so far, and only 8 guests Sad
Pages: 1 2