MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WYSIWYG Editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My answer also applies for any other jQuery based editor... Wink
[Image: 1367060248-clip-66kb.png]

Current editor width looks horrible. I suggest to use full-length autoresizable editor without fixed lendth for 1.8.
As has been said at least a few times now, the editor will be getting replaced for 1.8.
(2013-02-13, 09:09 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]That or something similar. I was impressed how good SCEditor was and plenty of people already seem to be using the plugin.

That editor is sexy. I really hope you guys do this.
As user-friendly as they are, they're usually clunky, slow and use annoying technologies like iFrames. Personally I hate them, but then again I'm a programmer by trade, so I hate everything but raw code. Big Grin

As long as it's a ACP & UCP option, I guess I'm okay with it.
(2013-04-29, 03:24 AM)Jazza Wrote: [ -> ]they're usually clunky, slow and use annoying technologies like iFrames.

I disagree about what you're saying about the speed. I haven't noticed SCEditor change page load times much at all on my board. But I won't dispute the iframes.
(2013-04-29, 06:03 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-29, 03:24 AM)Jazza Wrote: [ -> ]use annoying technologies like iFrames.

But I won't dispute the iframes.

I found one editor that didn't use iFrames and I'm currently using it. It's so much better because I have the ability to modify the editor (that you can't do with iFrames since the editor is on a completely different page). I understand that iFrames makes it easier for styling, but they're just painful to develop with.

Edit: The editor I mentioned: http://nicedit.com/
(2013-05-01, 02:32 AM)Jazza Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-29, 06:03 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-29, 03:24 AM)Jazza Wrote: [ -> ]use annoying technologies like iFrames.

But I won't dispute the iframes.

I found one editor that didn't use iFrames and I'm currently using it. It's so much better because I have the ability to modify the editor (that you can't do with iFrames since the editor is on a completely different page). I understand that iFrames makes it easier for styling, but they're just painful to develop with.

Edit: The editor I mentioned: http://nicedit.com/

I still prefer sceditor...
personally think sceditor better than ckeditor and tinymce...
PHPBB and SMF too will use Sceditor...
Pages: 1 2