MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can you point me in the right direction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have two forum areas. One will be public with registration.

The other I want to make private so that only students of my programs can get it. I plan to answer questions there a few times a day.

Can you point me in the right direction to learn how to accomplish that? Thank you.
(2013-02-12, 09:31 AM)MariaMarsala Wrote: [ -> ]I have two forum areas. One will be public with registration.

The other I want to make private so that only students of my programs can get it. I plan to answer questions there a few times a day.

Can you point me in the right direction to learn how to accomplish that? Thank you.

AFAIK
Make all your Students Into an seperate User group.
And then you can open an section And make that section Only visible to that User group. Simple as that Big Grin
Hello,
The above user is pretty much correct.

Create a group for your students and add them there either as their main group or additional.
Create the two forums as you normally would, then edit the forum permissions of the second (students only) forum to disallow everyone except Admins, (mods?) and the students group Smile

Let me know if you need further help,
Create a group for your students and add them there either as their main group or additional.
Create the two forums as you normally would, then edit the forum permissions of the second (students only) forum to disallow everyone except Admins, (mods?) and the students group